Covid-19 Health and Safety Fall 2022
Our school will follow the guidelines for Covid mitigation as required by Public Health and North Seattle College (our parent organization), which include the following:
- Enhanced ventilation in the classroom
- Requirement that all adults in the classroom be vaccinated unless they qualify for limited exemptions
- We strongly encourage all children and parents/caregivers to get vaccinated.
- Mask use for students and parents/caregivers is optional, except in the following situations:
- for 10 days after an exposure
- if recovering from COVID-19, for 5 days after isolation with symptoms improved as well as no fever for 24 hours with no medication.
- when the school has an outbreak (10% or 3 or more cases), for 10 days it is recommended that everyone in class wear tight fitting masks indoors for 10 days or until cases in the school are reduced.
- We will support children and families in their decision for mask wearing. Please don't hesitate to discuss any concerns with our teachers or board members. We want to help everyone feel as comfortable as possible.
When to Stay Home
Children and adults must stay home from school if they have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100°F (under arm) or higher
- Vomiting on 2 or more occasions within the past 24 hours
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea – 3 or more watery stools within a 24-hour period or 1 bloody stool
- Rash, especially with fever or itching
- Eye discharge or pinkeye (Children can be readmitted after medical diagnosis to rule out bacterial or viral infection or 24 hours on antibiotic treatment)
- Fatigue that prevents participation in regular activities, sick appearance, not feeling well.
- Open or oozing sores, unless properly covered, or 24 hours on antibiotic treatment
- Lice and scabies - children and staff may return to school after treatment. Contact local Health District for treatment protocol.
Wedgwood Cooperative Preschool
8208 18th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
Support Wedgwood Co-op & PAC